Thank you for your interest in writing a guest post on Incomist, a fast-growing personal finance blog. We’re always interested in publishing quality, well-written content from talented writers who teach, help and inspire our readers.
Before submitting your guest post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Please submit ready-to-publish guest posts.
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it is beneficial to Incomist readers, it is likely to be published.
- Guest posts must be high-quality, original content, not published anywhere else.
- Posts should offer practical, easy-to-understand, tips and advice related to our main personal finance categories; Make Money, Smart Money, and Deals.
- Make Money – Anything related to starting a business, side gigs, career, and legitimate work from home jobs.
- Smart Money – Anything related to budgeting, saving, debt reduction, credit, bank accounts and retirement.
- Deals – Freebies and coupons from major fast food and restaurant chains, popular retailers and stores available in most cities.
- Your post should be 1000 words or more, with the exception of freebie or coupon posts, which can be 500 words or less. Please don’t word stuff to make the word count higher.
- Special preference is given to articles which show genuine interest in helping the reader. How-to posts and case studies are highly encouraged. Data points such as statistics and survey results are encouraged. Conversely, posts with a “check out my site” or “see this product” feel will not be published.
- Use bullets, lists and short paragraphs whenever possible as it improves the readability for our visitors.
- Your post can conclude with a 1-2 sentence bio about yourself and include up to 2 links to your website. i.e. “NAME is a professional writer from COMPANY SITE focusing on budgeting and personal finance. You can find more of his/her work here (SITE).
Incomist is about improving your lifestyle on a budget while making smart decisions to help you financially. Along those lines, we’re always looking for the following types of content.
- Simple personal finance advice that is easy to understand and apply.
- Shopping tips that save you money.
- Deals, freebies, and coupons that help you enjoy life for less.
- Savings and budgeting tips and hacks to help you meet your financial goals.
- Frugal living ideas which improve your lifestyle on a budget.
- Financial and life advice you weren’t taught in high school.
- Specific ways of money-making and saving money that add dollars to your bottom line.
We value writers who are creative and resourceful. As such, these guidelines are not meant to put limits on your writing, but to streamline the guest posting process and ultimately to help you get published on Incomist.
Accepted submissions will be published within 1-2 months of submission. You will be notified when your post will be published. If your guest post is not accepted, you will be notified so you may submit it to another site.
If you submit a guest post, we will consider your idea for publication. If interested, we will contact you within 2 weeks to let you know the next steps. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, you may assume we did not think it was a good fit for our readers so you can offer your piece to another publication.
Thank you for taking the time to read the guest post submission guidelines.
To submit your guest post for review, please email it to tim AT incomist.com with Guest Post Submission in the subject line.
Please include your full name, your URL, post title, the body of your post, images (optional) and a short bio. While we do not currently pay for guest submissions, we will publish a link to your website.